Userful Network Video Wall: Zone Settings
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
To return to the Userful Network Video Wall main documentation page, Click Here.
Userful's Video Wall solution enables customers to group multiple displays to form a single large display using a single host PC/server. The Userful Network Video Wall™ is designed to utilize both the CPU and GPU to maximize performance.
This document highlights the process of adding multiple zones in a video wall configuration.
Userful Network Video Wall's "Ultimate" version provides user the flexibility to seperate displays within a video wall into multiple zones, thus enabling users to have a video wall playing different content within one layout. Each zone can display its own content or can be incorporated into multiple layouts.
Some things to remember:
- Displays in a video wall setup belongs to the default zone. For more information on video wall setup, visit Configuring Video Wall page.
- A display can be part of multiple zones but can play content of only one zone at a given time
- Each zone is controlled by the input station (for audio output etc). Hence, any action taken to this station will have the same effect on the zone/video wall as it would on an independent station (e.g., Resetting this station will reset the entire video wall)
To add a zone in an existing video wall layout:
- Click an existing video wall to open the “Video Wall Zone Settings” dialog window (do no click on the "PLAY" toggle located in the center of video wall)
- Click "Stop zone plackback now" link if the zone is playing
- Click “+” icon available to create a new zone
- Select (toggle on/off) the displays for the current zone
- Select the Max Canvas Size from the drop-down
- Select the Audio Settings from the drop-down:
- "Disabled" for no sound output
- "Host PC/Server Sound Card" for sound output from the host PC/server's sound card
- "Zero-Client input station" for sound output from the zero-client audio socket
- Enable GPU Acceleration for optimal performance (only one video wall can have this feature enabled)
- Hit “OK” to complete the process
(Repeat this process to create multiple zones)
You can delete an existing zone by clicking the "-" icon available at the top-left corner.
Please watch this video for a quick guide.
Mapping Zones to Session Container
In the Station Mapping page, every zone appears as a separate draggable object.
Once created a zone can be "mapped" or "assigned" to any session container using drag-drop functionality.
Note: Changes will not take effect until the "Apply" button is clicked.
Switching between Zones
In Control Center > Station Mapping it is possible to play or pause a zone temporarily.
To play a zone, click "Play" toggle (available in the center of the zone). Once active, zone will play the content as per the mapped session container. Similarly, to pause the active zone, click the "Pause" toggle (available in the center of the zone).