Station Mapping : Network Streamer
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
Network Streamer session container allows you to play video feeds over the network (e.g. security camera feed). You can also play video files over the network.
Station Mapping: Creating Network Streamer Session Container
Station Mapping allows you to bind a specific station(s) to Network Streamer. To create this session container:
- Click on "New Session Container", use the drop-down menu to select "Network Streamer" as the session container type and give a name
- Select protocol from the drop-down list (i.e. rtps or http)
- Provide the media URL you want to stream ( e.g. use only
server_name/file_pathinstead of the complete URL (
- Set the Buffer rate
- Provide user credentials that have access to the file
- Select the Scaling option (default: Scale to fit) and click "OK"
- Check "Use Mirror Controller" option to save bandwidth for multiple stations running the same feed. When this option is enabled, audio is lost.
Map Stations to Session Container
Once session is created, stations can be "mapped" or assigned to session by simply dragging-and-dropping the station icons to the desired session container.
To change the session container configuration (for example, to change protocol or stream content), click on the session name to open the "Edit Session Container" window.
Note: Changes will not take effect until the "Apply" button is clicked.