Station Mapping: Autologin
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
Autologin automatically start Linux session for specified users.
Please consider following points before using this session container:
- Do not pre-create the users. Autologin will automatically create users as required for the sessions.
- For multiple sessions, use the station variable (%STATION_ID%) to include the station number in the username.
- If a username without a station variable is used, do not map multiple stations to this session container. If you do so, user settings may become corrupt. The system will attempt to detect if a session for the same user is started and prevent it, but a number of factors may cause this error detection not to work.
- User settings are saved and retained from one session to another. If a user account (e.g., station_1, station_2, etc.) becomes corrupted, you can login as root user and delete the user. The user will be re-created the next time someone uses that station.
- To use usernames that differ more than just by station number (e.g. "student", "teacher", etc) create multiple Autologin session containers.
Station Mapping: Creating an Autologin Session Container
Station Mapping allows you to bind a specific station to session container. To create "Autologin" session container:
- Click on "New Session Container". Use the drop-down menu to select "Autologin" as the session container type and give a name.
- Enter "Username" (The username provided can contain a variable to allow different users to be logged on to different stations. The variable will be replaced by the station number.)
- Click "OK" to complete the process.
Map Stations to Autologin Session Container
Once session container is created, stations can be "mapped" or assigned by simply dragging-and-dropping the station icons to the Autologin session container.
As with any session container, you can also add Autologin session container to a "Welcome Screen" thus making it one of several choices available to the user.
Note: Changes will not take effect until the "Apply" button is clicked.