Copyright © 2016 Userful Corporation. All rights reserved.
To return to the Userful Network Video Wall main documentation page, Click Here.
Userful Network Video Wall™ provides the ability to "map" stations to "roles" -- such as video playback, URL kiosk -- via an intuitive drag-and-drop interface.
This document provides a brief overview of Userful's Station Mapping functionality. For more details on a given session container type, please refer to the specific session guide (see below).
In the example shown to the right:
- Station 1 (the onboard station) is mapped to a Linux log-in role type to allow for system administration
- Stations 2-5 are configured as a video wall setup playing 1080p media content
- Stations 6-9 are mapped to Web Browser session container
- Stations 10-13 are mapped to Signage Player as a video wall setup
Access this functionality by opening the Control Center > Station Mapping.
Configuring Session Containers
By default, all stations including host PC/server are mapped to session container group (i.e. "Welcome Screen"). User can launch any session container from the available list by simply clicking the session container name. However, to create a new session container:
- Click on New Session Container button
- Give the new session a name, and then use the drop-down menu to select amongst the various session container types available (click the link for the specific session container guide):
Drag & Drop Stations
Once session containers are created, stations can be "mapped" or assigned by simply dragging-and-dropping the station icons to the desired session container. All mapped stations will have yellow background, until changes are applied.
In other words, changes will not take effect until the "Apply" button is clicked.
Control Center > Station Mapping provides an easy way to access station-level settings. This feature allows users to view/change station id, display resolution and other options.
To edit or access Station Settings, single-click an assigned station. "Edit Station" dialog will open (as shown in the image to the right).
Edit settings and click "OK".
Besides different roles, Station Mapping page also provides status of each and every station, as described below: