Userful Network Video Wall 7.4 : Release Notes
Copyright © 2015 . All rights reserved.
To return to the Userful Network Video Wall main documentation page, Click Here.
Userful's Video Wall solution enables customers to group together multiple stations to form a single large display, thus enabling a single host PC to support one or more larger displays. This is possible because of the high performance and throughput of Userful's zero-client solution and the high performance video splitter developed by Userful. Video Wall is supported in a variety of configurations (e.g. 5×5, 4×2, 1×10) and layouts (equidistant grid, or free-layout and artistic).
Component Package Versions
- Userful MultiSeat: 7.4-9534.50.release.videowall_7.4.9b3587
- EST Driver: 0.9.14-1dkms.userful2.5.5cea1bd.el6
- SMSC Driver: 1.5.3.d17694d-1.el6.x86_64
- DisplayLink Driver: 1.4.1-0_g715cfbc.el6
Bundled with CentOS 6.4 (with Xorg 1.13.0-11.1.el6.2.userful0.x86_64 and kernel version kernel-2.6.32-431.el6.userful3.1.x86_64)
- Support for Ultra HD (4k) interactive content (with the support of maximum canvas size of theoretical 32k for slide shows)
- Intuitive browser based Layout Manager with the bezel correction ability
- Integrated color calibration for color correcting video wall displays
- Support for HTML5, WebGL and other 3D applications (in addition to video playback)
- Support for Artistic Video Wall layouts that can be configured using a free layout of display position and rotation (including an intuitive browser-based drag and drop GUI for positioning and rotating displays)
- Integrated Rise Vision's cloud-based Content Management System (CMS) to create and schedule the signage content (Dynamic HTML5 pages, presentations, tickers, widgets (i.e., Twitter, Facebook, and RSS feeds)
- Video playback from local directories (facilitating content playback via standard file transfer tools)
- Support for HDMI Capture via BlackMagic Intensity Pro –- cast any PC, smartphone or tablet with an HDMI output
- Support Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) to broadcast security camera or conference feeds on video wall
- GPU-Assisted Decoding of video playback and interactive content
- GPU-Assisted Acceleration for 3D rendering -- vastly improved performance for dynamic content (HTML5, WebGL, and Flash)
- Support a wide range of interactive video walls including Cloud desktop, Linux Desktop and Touchscreen Kiosks
- Browser based management portal (Control Center)
- Video wall support of up to 25 displays per host PC (using Intel® 4th generation GPU, and Intel® Core i7 CPU)
This product includes commercial software that is licensed, not sold, and is governed by an End User License Agreement (EULA). By installing, copying or using this software you acknowledge that you have read and understand this Agreement, and agree to be bound by this EULA's terms and conditions. You can review the terms of this EULA either by visiting the online copy of the EULA or by consulting the Userful-EULA.txt file included with your download.
Userful Network Video Wall™ will operate as an unlicensed version until you purchase an appropriate license for your system. You may purchase a multi-station license from your Userful representative or from Userful.com – see the Licensing Guide for details.
Limitations of this Version: The Userful Network Video Wall™ unlicensed software is fully functional, but will display a brief license reminder on all attached displays every 20 minutes or so.
Here are some of the highlights of this new version:
- Ability to rotate displays to any degree using Control Center UI
- Remarkable performance improvement by utilization of Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (AVX2) found in most Core i7 CPUs
- Better usage of GPU to render non-video content
- Added notifications in System Diagnostics for non-Intel® 4th Generation GPU, duplicate DHCP servers and IP Address conflicts
- UI Improvements in "Configure a Video Wall" section
- UI Improvements and usability enhancements for Station Mapping