Userful Network Video Wall : Release Notes
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
To return to the Userful Network Video Wall main documentation page, Click Here.
Userful's Video Wall solution enables customers to group together multiple stations to form a single large display, thus enabling a single host PC to support one or more larger displays. This is possible because of the high performance and throughput of Userful's zero-client solution and the high performance video splitter developed by Userful. Video Wall is supported in a variety of configurations (e.g. 5×5, 4×2, 1×10) and layouts (equidistant grid, or free-layout and artistic).
Component Package Versions
- Userful MultiSeat: 7.3-9332.130.release.videowall_7.3.bb107b0.x86_64
- EST Driver: 0.9.14-1dkms.userful2.5.5cea1bd.el6.x86_64
- SMSC Driver: 1.5.3.d17694d-1.el6.x86_64
- DisplayLink Driver: 1.4.1-0_g715cfbc.el6.x86_64
Bundled with CentOS 6.4 (with Xorg 1.13.0-11.1.el6.2.userful0.x86_64 and kernel version kernel-2.6.32-431.el6.userful3.1.x86_64)
- Support for Ultra HD (4k) interactive content (with the support of maximum canvas size of theoretical 32k for slide shows)
- Intuitive browser based Layout Manager with the bezel correction ability
- Integrated color calibration for color correcting video wall displays
- Support for HTML5, WebGL and other 3D applications (in addition to video playback)
- Support for Artistic Video Wall layouts that can be configured using a free layout of display position and rotation (including an intuitive browser-based drag and drop GUI for positioning and rotating displays)
- Integrated Rise Vision's cloud-based Content Management System (CMS) to create and schedule the signage content (Dynamic HTML5 pages, presentations, tickers, widgets (i.e., Twitter, Facebook, and RSS feeds)
- Video playback from local directories (facilitating content playback via standard file transfer tools)
- Support for HDMI Capture via BlackMagic Intensity Pro –- cast any PC, smartphone or tablet with an HDMI output
- Support Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) to broadcast security camera or conference feeds on video wall
- GPU-Assisted Decoding of video playback and interactive content
- GPU-Assisted Acceleration for 3D rendering -- vastly improved performance for dynamic content (HTML5, WebGL, and Flash)
- Support a wide range of interactive video walls including Cloud desktop, Linux Desktop and Touchscreen Kiosks
- Browser based management portal (Control Center)
- Video wall support of up to 25 displays per host PC (using Intel® 4th generation GPU, and Intel® Core i7 CPU)