Userful Network Video Wall™ : Known Issues
From Userful SupportJump to navigationJump to search
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
To return to the Userful Network Video Wall main documentation page, Click Here.
These are the known issues with the latest release of Userful Network Video Wall.
- (10598) Mapping a 3D-Acceleration VideoWall to Cloud Desktop will block onboard station
- Workaround: When using Cloud Desktop as a Video Wall, either disable 3D acceleration, or do not use the onboard station.
- (10923) While playing short files, too quickly (i.e. 5 second movies), individual display in a video wall may go dark for few seconds
- (10581,10100) USB storage is not supported in Cloud Desktop or LInux Desktop when running on the Video Wall
- (10389) The GPU-Assisted Decoding feature is only supported under Signage Player session container
- (10389) The GPU-Assisted Acceleration feature is only supported under Cloud Desktop and Web Browser session containers
- (10584) Video walls with multiple movie files should either disable sound, or ensure the sound channels are the same across all files. Playing multiple movie files that switches to different audio configurations (stereo vs. surround sound) can cause the video wall to restart
- (10589) After rotation is applied under Artistic Layout, Broadcast Messages and Station IDs will not appear rotated
- (10140) Any given movie file must utilize all video wall displays. In other words, if a file’s aspect ratio is different from a video wall’s aspect ratio and it is set to “Scale to Fit”, the video wall will not start. To resolve, resize the video wall aspect, or use the “Zoom to Full Screen” option.
- (10536,10115) DisplayLink zero-client devices are not supported
- Workaround: Use SMSC-based zero-client devices
- (10561) Avoid opening Control Center via multiple browser windows, all editing the same video wall configuration. The Calibration program will not run.
- (10861) Color Calibration will not reapply after zero client is manually disconnected/reconnected.
- Workaround: Restart or reset the zero client.
- (10871) Stations assigned to videowalls or session containers would not be listed while creating a new video wall
- Workaround: Move the station to the Unmapped area on Station Mapping page, then edit the video wall to assign the station.
- (10820) When stations enter DPMS via X, they may not resume properly
- Workaround: Disable DPMS support in Control Center > Display Settings -> Power Management
- (10870) HDMI Capture session is listing resolutions the hardware/driver doesn't support
- Workaround: Confirm that your HDMI source media supports the resolution and frame-rate the HDMI Capture session is configured to use.
- (10899) Video wall - canvas may not zoom out after adding stations
- Workaround: Use the scroll bars to move around the editor window
- (10876) HDMI Capture card pass through port doesn't work
- (10843) Video wall Color does not work with Host PC station
- (10912) DVI/DP onboard not showing X windows after launch
- Workaround: Reset the System Database and reboot with the DVI or DP connections plugged in.
- (10916) Nvidia onboard not supported in video wall install
- Workaround: Userful Network Video Wall 7.3 is optimized for Intel® GPUs. Use a Intel® 4th generation GPU for the best results.
- (10915) Open an assigned video wall, delete it, but do not immediately hit apply. You can be left with unmappable stations that are permanently stuck on the video wall.
- Workaround is to do a full System Reset (from Control Center > Help and Support > Reset Userful VideoWall), or to avoid this process in Station Mapping
- (10881) Some translated strings in UCC have not been reviewed by native speakers, and may sound odd.
- (10744) Atrust M321 zero-client device doesn't properly support DVI->HDMI or DVI->VGA converters
- Workaround: Use DVI monitors only on the Atrust M321
- (10931) Control Room Demo will not work in Google Chrome without GPU-Assisted Acceleration enabled
- Workaround: Use an Intel® 4th generation GPU and enable GPU-Asissted Acceleration in the Video Wall
- (10894) HDMI Capture session container requires BlackMagic Intensity HDMI Capture Card installed on host PC. If the HDMI Capture card is not responding,
- Open terminal as root user
- Edit file
/etc/grub.confand remove the following text:
- Save the file and reboot system.