Manuals/Userful Network Video Wall/Help and Support
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
To return to the Userful Network Video Wall main documentation page, Click Here.
Help and Support
Userful documentation can answer most questions and resolve most issues that may be encountered with Userful Network Video Wall™. If Userful's documentation cannot resolve your questions, consider “Submit Trouble Report to Support”.
This section provides diagnostic tools such as:
- System Diagnostics: System Diagnostics provides a summary of problems detected. This tool reports CPU and memory performance on all stations and helps user to analyse the problem in the event of system malfunction.
- Userful Support Portal: Link to the support forum
- Online Documentation: Link to Userful Documentation
This section allows the user to perform certain actions to resolve an issue before submitting a ticket, including:
- Reboot System: Reboots the host PC/server as part of troubleshooting process.
- Reset Userful Network Video Wall: Resets any changes that have been made to Userful configuration files and reboots the host PC/server. This action will clear all session containers, existing video walls and station mapping.
- Launch Terminal: Launches terminal (Command-Line) window.
Remote VPN Connection
Remote VPN Connection allows Userful Support team to connect directly to customer installs, without the need for Port forwarding or firewall tunneling on either end. To establish a connection:
- Launch Control Center and click "Remote VPN Connection" link under "Help and Support"
- Click "Start VPN" button to get the IP Address
- Provide printed IP Address and root password to Userful Support for remote access
Once started, Userful Support can SSH into the system for troubleshooting.
|Please Note: Remote VPN Connection is not vulnerable to Heartbleed bug.|
Report a Problem
If a problem cannot be solved using Userful's documentation, the fastest and best way to receive technical assistance from Userful's support team is to submit a problem report directly to Userful Customer Support through the Control Center.
To report a problem, click the "Submit Trouble Report to Support" link near the bottom of the "Help and Support" page. A new page will open with a simple form to be filled out. When completed and submitted, the information provided will be e-mailed -- along with a selection of debugging information pulled from the computer system logs and files -- to Userful Customer Support.
- Be sure to include a contact name and e-mail so Userful Customer Support can respond to your problem report.
- Briefly describe what action you were performing when the problem occured.
- From the pull-down menu, select a category that the problem seems to fall under. Use the "Other" option if there is no clear choice.
- Give as complete a description of the problem as possible. To get help quickly, it is important to be as specific as possible when describing your problem.
- When finished, click on the "Submit" button.