Station Mapping: Web Browser
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
Web Browser provides user with the functionality of accessing URLs using Firefox and Chrome web browsers. If Chrome is installed, additional browser types (kiosk and cloud session) are also available.
Station Mapping: Creating a Web Browser Session Container
Station Mapping allows you to bind a specific station to a Web Browser(Firefox / Chrome).
- The first step is to create Web Browser session. To do so, click on "New Session Container". Give a name and use the drop-down menu to select "Web Browser" as the session container type.
- Choose Browser type from the drop down menu.
- FireFox: launches specified URL in Firefox web browser.
- Chrome: launches specified URL in Google Chrome.
- Chrome: Kiosk: launches the desired URL in a full-screen mode, onto every station mapped to that session container, without any control, tab or menu. User navigation is limited to hyperlinks on the HTML pages served.
- Chrome: Cloud Session: launches accounts.google.com as the default URL and user can open the desired URL through new tab in full-screen mode.
Please Note: If Google Chrome is not installed on the host PC, additional browser types (kiosk and cloud) are not available. To install Chrome, under Control Center > System Operations > Third-party Add-ons, select Google Chrome and click "Apply".
Map Stations to Web Browser
Once session container is created, stations can be "mapped" or assigned by simply dragging-and-dropping the station icons to the web browser session. The changes will take place after hitting "Apply" button.
To change the session container configuration (for example, to change the web browser type), click on the session name to open the "Edit Session Container" window.
Note: Changes will not take effect until the "Apply" button is clicked.