Userful™: Source Switcher
Copyright © 2021 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
Source Switcher is available under all license tiers except Basic. It allows users to launch and switch source on displays and video walls using a single-click, this feature can be accessed from any web browser using any device including smartphones and tablets.
This feature is enabled by default under Settings > Remote Control Settings > Source Switcher.
|Please Note: Source Switcher is available under all license tiers except Basic, please contact your Sales Representative or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.|
Configure Source Switcher
- Open Control Center and Click on Mapping > New Source button to create various sources
- Drag and Drop video wall or display icons to the existing source as per requirement
- Launch this web application from any device within the same network by typing the following URL replacing "IP_Address" with the IP Address of the Userful host
- By default Host Display would be selected in the drop-down list as shown in the image to the right
- Select the display ID, video wall zone name, or mirror group from the drop-down
- Once selected, launch the source on the display or video wall by clicking on the source icon (e.g. select Linux Desktop as shown in the image to the right)
- Click Restart or Stop button to restart or stop the source content playing on the associated display or video wall
- Click on Settings button to go back to Userful Control Center
This web application can also be launched by clicking on the link below the Source Switcher under Settings > Remote Control Settings.
Note: Source Switcher can be accessed from any web browser within the same network.
Watch this video for a quick guide on how to use Source Switcher and please note that this video is based on Userful™ 8.8.1 User Experience