Userful™ 10.4: Release Notes
Copyright © 2020 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
Video walls and digital displays are vital tools for a variety of business needs—from process automation and operational productivity to improved customer engagement and internal communication.
A visual networking platform is used to seamlessly deploy, connect and manage the displays and video walls throughout an organization.
Since 2015, Userful has been a visual communications innovator and today offers the world’s most advanced Visual Networking Platform. It is a software-based solution that meets the flexibility, security and central management needs of corporate IT as they integrate complex AV applications over the IP network. Display any source on any screen at any time for communication and collaboration enterprise-wide.
What's New in v10.4
LDAP and SAML 2.0 integration
LDAP and SAML are being used in the enterprise to centrally control access to functionality and applications within an organization. Integrating these mechanisms with the Userful system enables IT administrators to utilize existing user directories, minimize administration and maximize security. Please refer to the following links to learn more about LDAP and SAML integration.
Role-based Access Control - Resource Permissions
System administrators now have the availability to control grant or remove user access to specific resources within the Userful system.
Find out more.
Source Name Overlays
This feature adds the ability to display the name of its source on a video feed within a control room, which is especially useful when working with a large number of sources.
Find out more.
Custom Content Overlays
Through Picture-in-Picture and Command and Control GUI users are now able to layer graphics with transparent backgrounds on top of other content. This is extremely helpful in cases where signage requires custom text or a logo on top of the background or to brand a video.
Command & Control Layout Switcher
Similar to source and preset switchers, users are now able to access and switch between available control room layouts on a dedicated web page.
Find out more.
Miscellaneous new features, GUI improvements, and bug fixes. For a comprehensive list see the changelog.
- Unified browser-accessible Control Center
- Media playback on a variety of displays including LG webOS
- Ability to preset video wall zones
- GPU-Assisted Decoding of video playback and interactive content
- GPU-Assisted Acceleration for 3D rendering – vastly improved performance for dynamic content (HTML5, WebGL, and Flash)
- Intuitive browser-based Layout Manager with the bezel correction ability
- Integrated color calibration for color correcting video wall displays
- Support for Artistic Video Wall layouts that can be configured using a free layout of display position and rotation (including an intuitive browser-based drag and drop GUI for positioning and any degree rotating displays)
- Support for a wide range of interactive video walls including Cloud desktop, Linux desktop, and touch screen Kiosks
- Integrated various Content Management System (CMS) to create and schedule the signage content (Dynamic HTML5 pages, presentations, tickers, widgets (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, and RSS feeds)
- Support for Streaming Protocols (RTP/RTSP) to broadcast security camera or conference feeds, or for delivering content over IP network on the video wall
- Support for a variety of Blackmagic DeckLink capture cards
- Support for a broad range of PC hardware and touch screens
This product includes commercial software that is licensed, not sold and is governed by an End User License Agreement (EULA). By installing, copying or using this software you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Agreement, and agree to be bound by this EULA's terms and conditions. The EULA terms can be viewed online or from the file included in your download.
Userful™ will operate as a trial version until you purchase an appropriate license for your system. You may purchase the license from your Userful representative or from Userful.com – see the Licensing Guide for details.
Limitations of Trial Version: The Userful™ trial software is fully functional, but will display a brief license reminder on all attached displays every 10 minutes or so. Customers who are considering buying the software and are presently evaluating it can do so in the trial mode. Such customers will receive limited technical support lasting up to 30 days after which an appropriate license should be purchased. For more details, check our Licensing Guide.
Userful™ 10.4 main video wall applications are:
All features of Userful™ 10.4 are translated in following languages:
- Arabic (ar)
- English (en)
- Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) †
- French (fr)
- German (de)
- Italian (it)
- Japanese (ja)
- Korean (ko)
- Nepali (ne)
- Persian (fa)
- Romanian (ro)
- Russian (ru)
- Spanish (es)
- Simplified Chinese (zh_CN)
- Traditional Chinese (zh_TW)
- Turkish (tr)
- Thai (th_TH)
- Ukrainian (uk_UA)
|† The language selected must be specifically "Brazilian Portuguese"; if simply "Portuguese" is selected as a system or session language, then all Userful user interface strings will be in English.|