Userful™: Performance Settings
Copyright © 2022 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
Userful™ software appliance allow users to enable or use various system-level settings to create high quality video walls with better content synchronization to yield optimal performance.
- Enable Direct Sync
- By default, Userful host is configured to use "Direct Sync", this feature improves the content synchronization across displays in a standalone configuration or in a video wall setup and frees up CPU.
- Nvidia Offload Card Support
- "Nvidia Support" offloads more than 50% workload of the CPU to the Nvidia GPU card. Userful™ supports Nvidia offloading, that enables the administrators to create bigger and high quality video wall with better content synchronization. For more details, visit Nvidia Offload Support page.
- Enable Direct Decode: Enable this feature to enhance the video wall performance during 8k video playback. It can only be enabled if Nvidia Offload Support is enabled.
- Note: Userful recommends using a 10 series Nvidia graphics card for smooth playback of 8k content.
- Enable 60 fps: Enable this feature for better content synchronization. It can only be enabled if Nvidia Offload Support is enabled.
- Note: Userful recommends using a 10Gig NIC and a switch with a 10Gbps uplink port, as switching to 60 fps increases the network bandwidth.
- Display Scaling
- By default, Userful host is configured to use display scaling, it uses the built-in scalar within the display to improve the image quality. Almost all displays have a built-in scalar that convert incoming sources to fit their output display size. You can switch to "server-side" scaling by disabling this option, provided you have a Nvidia Offload Card installed and enabled. For more details, visit FAQs page.
- The changes would take effect after the system reboot.