Mapping: Signage Player
Copyright © 2020 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
"Signage Player" source allows users to launch media files (videos and images) on a continuous loop. Media files are added using the "Add File" or "Add Dir" or "Upload" button. A variety of sample content is provided for selection under the
/var/source-content directory. In order to add new content to the playlist, media files can either be copied into
/var/source-content directory or a user can define any local directory as an implicit playlist. Visit How to copy Content for more information.
Mapping: Creating a Signage Player Source
Mapping allows you to bind a specific display to the Signage Player. To create a "Signage Player" Source:
- Click on Mapping > New Source button. From the drop-down menu select "Signage Player" as the preferred source type and give it a name.
- Choose media files by clicking the "Add File" button or specify the playlist directory by clicking the "Add Dir" button
- All media files should be saved in the /var/source-content directory in order to appear in this list.
- To add a playlist directory, click the "Add Dir" button; specify the playlist name and the complete path of the playlist directory.
- To upload a file, click the "Upload" button and choose a file. The uploaded file will get saved in /var/source-content folder.
Map Displays to Signage Player Source
Once the source is created, displays or video walls can be "mapped" by simply dragging-and-dropping the video wall or display icon to the "Signage Player" source. To change the source configuration (e.g., to edit playlist) click on the source name to open the "Edit Source" window.
Currently mapping an Onboard Display to a Signage player source is not advisable.
Note: Changes will not take effect until the "Apply" button is clicked.
Supported Video Codecs and Image Formats
The video wall component in Userful™ software appliance is capable of playing source content from broad range formats. Currently, following are the main video codecs, containers and image formats that are supported with Userful™ software:
(Note: The file extension is case sensitive and only lowercase should be used.)