Station Mapping: RTP Streamer
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
RTP Streamer allows you to play video feeds over the network. This session container uses RTP (Real-time Transport Protocol) for delivering audio and video over IP network.
Station Mapping: Creating a RTP Streamer Session Container
Station Mapping allows you to bind specific station(s) to RTP Streamer. To create this session container:
- Click on Station Mapping > New Session Container. From the drop-down menu select "RTP Streamer" as the preferred session container type and give it a name
- Enter the Multicast Address
- Enter the UDP port number
- Select the payload type from the drop-down
- Select the scaling option as per the requirement (default: Zoom full-screen)
- Edit the audio setting
- Click OK to complete the process
Currently, RTP Streamer supports only MP2T (MPEG Transport Stream) payload type. Support for more payload types would be added in future release.
Map Displays to RTP Streamer
Once the session container is created, displays or video walls can be "mapped" or assigned by simply dragging-and-dropping the display or video wall icons to the RTP Streamer session container.
To change the existing session container configuration (for example, to change protocol), click on the session name to open the "Edit Session Container" window and make the changes.
Note: Changes will not take effect until the "Apply" button is clicked.