Userful™: Display Settings
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
Userful™ software appliance gives you the flexibility to mix and match displays of different sizes at different rotation angle. This feature is available under Artistic Layout where you can configure these settings.
Configuring Display Settings
- Open Control Center and navigate to Station Mapping > New Video Wall > Switch to Artistic.
- Assign a display by selecting the station ID from the drop-down list in the center of the display. Use the “Show Station IDs” button to view the ID on the physical displays.
- Select the display for which you want to configure the settings.
- Click on the gear icon on the top right corner of the display.
- Enter the value of display panel size, selecting the measurement unit(inch/mm) from the drop-down. Please see Measuring Display Size section for more details.
- Enter the value of rotation angle for the selected display.
- Enter the value of x and y coordinates for the center of the display(x and y represent the number of pixels along horizontal and vertical axis).
- Resolution of the selected display can also be viewed.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
|See Configuring Video Wall section for more details on how to create and configure a video wall.|
Measuring Display Size
Display size is measured diagonally. To measure display panel size:
- Identify two points on your display panel, the first point will be one of the screen corners - this is the corner of the display panel, not the bezel. The second point will be the opposite corner from the first (for example, measure from the top left corner of the panel to the bottom right corner as shown in the image).
- Place and hold the end of your measuring tape down at the first corner of the screen, and extend the measuring tape until you reach the second corner.
- Read the mark on the tape at the point where the tape reaches the second corner. The number you see will be the size of your display.
- Please see Configuring Display Settings section to configure Diagonal Size.
|Note: Most measurement tapes measure in 16th of inches, but the value you need is in the decimals. To convert, simply divide the fraction in your measurement by 16 (e.g. 40 12/16” will be 40.75”)|