Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
This document describes how to apply configuration settings for 100+ machines with less labour intensive alternatives for machine registration by clonning master settings.
Steps for creating master settings
After the first-boot:
- On the first-boot menu, click "Apply Configuration" option
- A browser window will pop-up after several minutes, login to Userful Manager
- Select Customer and Location
- Give machine name (This name will identify the Master Machine to be cloned)
- Select Profile and click Register
- After configuring system, close the window
At this time, system has incorrect IP Address, Wait 1 hour with the system connected to Internet to make sure Userful Manager will receive the correct IP
- After an hour, turn off the system (physically)
- Login to Userful Manager from any other system
Solution Expert > Computers,search for the Master machine name
- Edit machine and check/edit configuration settings as per requirement and click Save button (Make sure the machine has correct number of stations)
- Click Designate as Master for Cloning option
- On the dialog box window, check for the IP Address (it should NOT be 127.0.0.1) and click "OK"
Master System Configured successfully
Steps for Clonning
For each system to be clonned:
- On the first-boot menu, click "Apply Configuration"
- On the Userful Manager browser window, select Clone Settings for Registered Master and it displays Machine Configuration Ready
- Close the browser and click "OK"
- On the menu, click "Enable System" option
System clonned successfully.