Mapping: DVD Player
Copyright © 2021 . All rights reserved.
Note: This page has been updated in our new Support Portal - try it here!
DVD player source launches a full-screen interactive media player kiosk on a display or a group of displays in a video wall setup. This enables users to play and navigate DVDs and other media contents directly.
Some things to remember:
- DVD playback can consume significant CPU
- DVD player GUI will be launched in the default system language
- Install DVD Player Plugin through Control Center > Settings > Check for Available Packages
Note: DVD Player is an interactive media player that can be directly controlled by the end user (e.g., via keyboard/mouse), whereas the " Signage Player" source plays a pre-specified playlist.
Mapping: Creating DVD Player Source
Mapping allows you to bind a display or video wall to DVD Player source. To create this source:
- Click on Mapping > New Source button. From the drop-down select "DVD Player" as the preferred source type and give a name
- Select the "Device Drive" from the drop-down
- Click "OK" to complete the process
Map Displays to DVD Player Source
Once source is created, displays can be "mapped" or assigned by simply dragging-and-dropping the display icons to the source.
Note: Changes will not take effect until the "Apply" button is clicked.