Userful™ 8.7: Release Notes
Copyright © 2021 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
Userful™ is a converged software appliance (operating system and application software bundled together for easy deployment and maintenance) for AV & IT professionals that lets you centrally control large numbers of displays, content sources and desktops from your web browser. Userful's appliance enables an ordinary PC to do extraordinary things, like driving a whole building of desktops, digital signage, touch screens, virtual machines and video walls all from a single Userful host over a standard Ethernet network. From high-performance video walls, to virtual desktops, to Power-over-Ethernet touch screens -- it's never been easier.
- Stable, versatile Linux-base operating system (CentOS 7.2)
- Unified browser-accessible Control Center
- Session Launcher
- Media playback
- Ability to preset video wall zones
- GPU-Assisted Decoding of video playback and interactive content
- GPU-Assisted Acceleration for 3D rendering – vastly improved performance for dynamic content (HTML5, WebGL, and Flash)
- Intuitive browser-based Layout Manager with the bezel correction ability
- Integrated color calibration for color correcting video wall displays
- Support for Artistic Video Wall layouts that can be configured using a free layout of display position and rotation (including an intuitive browser-based drag and drop GUI for positioning and any degree rotating displays)
- Support for wide range of interactive video walls including Cloud desktop, Linux desktop and touch screen Kiosks
- Integrated various Content Management System (CMS) to create and schedule the signage content (Dynamic HTML5 pages, presentations, tickers, widgets (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, and RSS feeds)
- Support Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) to broadcast security camera or conference feeds on video wall
- Support for variety of Capture Cards (Blackmagic Design and YUAN line of capture cards)
- Support for much broader range of PC hardware and touch screens
Userful™ 8.7 comes with exciting new features and improvements, including:
New Hardware Support
- Certified new hardware system as Userful Standard Appliance
- Added support for Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card
Nvidia (GPU) Acceleration Support
- Integrated Nvidia GPU Acceleration
- Nvidia GPU can aide the rendering of dynamic content (i.e. Web Browsers, Linux and Cloud Desktops) for better performance.
Video Wall Enhancements
- Enabled "Artistic Grid" layout for 90 degree rotation in "professional" license module
- Substantially reduced time required for calibration & station mapping/remapping
Control Center UI improvements
- Added option to enable Session (GPU) Acceleration under zone settings dialog
- Added Desktop Software suite under Control Center > Additional Software and Package for pdf viewer and text editor packages
- Reorganized the User Management link under System Operations
- Improved tooltips for all the session containers
- Updated translations strings for Control Center UI
- Upgraded VirtualBox to version 5.1 (large number of improvements. See VirtualBox.org for details.)
- Upgraded Gstreamer package to version 1.9.1 for stability
- Integrated TDM Signage and Display5 player session containers
- Integrated RTP Streamer session container for IPTV projects
- Added GUI option to enable audio for stand alone displays under Network Streamer session container
Miscellaneous new features, GUI improvements and bug fixes. For a comprehensive list see the changelog.
This product includes commercial software that is licensed, not sold, and is governed by an End User License Agreement (EULA). By installing, copying or using this software you acknowledge that you have read and understand this Agreement, and agree to be bound by this EULA's terms and conditions. The EULA terms can be viewed online or from the file included in your download.
Userful™ will operate as a trial version until you purchase an appropriate license for your system. You may purchase the license from your Userful representative or from Userful.com – see the Licensing Guide for details.
Limitations of Trial Version: The Userful™ trial software is fully functional, but will display a brief license reminder on all attached displays every 10 minutes or so. Customers who are considering buying the software and are presently evaluating it can do so in the trial mode. Such customers will receive limited technical support lasting up to 30 days after which an appropriate license should be purchased. For more details, check our licensing guide.
All features of Userful™ 8.7 are translated in following languages:
- English (en)
- French (fr)
- Italian (it)
- German (de)
- Spanish (es)
- Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) †
- Russian (ru)
- Turkish (tr)
- Japanese (ja)
- Traditional Chinese (zh_TW)
- Simplified Chinese (zh_CN)
- Korean (ko)
- Romanian (ro)
- Persian (fa)
- Ukranian (uk_UA)
- Thai (th_TH)
|† The language selected must be specifically "Brazilian Portuguese"; if simply "Portuguese" is selected as a system or session language, then all Userful user interface strings will be in English.|