- 1 Introduction
- 2 Userful 10.6.1 - April 12, 2021
- 3 Userful 10.6 - January 26, 2021
- 3.1 Important Notice
- 3.2 Userful On-Premise
- 3.3 Other On-Premise Improvements
- 3.4 General Improvements and Enhancements
- 3.5 Userful Cloud and uClient
- 4 Key Features
Video walls and digital displays are vital tools for a variety of business needs—from process automation and operational productivity to improved customer engagement and internal communication.
A visual networking platform is used to seamlessly deploy, connect and manage the displays and video walls throughout an organization.
Since 2015, Userful has been a visual communications innovator and today offers the world’s most advanced Visual Networking Platform. It is a software-based solution that meets the flexibility, security and central management needs of corporate IT as they integrate complex AV applications over the IP network. Display any source on any screen at any time for communication and collaboration enterprise-wide.
Userful 10.6.1 - April 12, 2021
Userful 10.6 - January 26, 2021
Userful 10.6 brings a number of exciting new capabilities to the Visual Networking Platform.
Users upgrading to 10.6 may encounter one of the following issues.
When creating a new Zone, there are occurrences where the numbering for the Zone does not automatically increment. To correct this, please manually input the Zone Number.
Role-Based Access Control and LDAP Authentication
We are investigating issues with user accounts not allowing logins after updating. Users with accounts created in Role-Based Access Control and with LDAP authentication should wait for updates on this issue before updating.
Blackmagic Capture Firmware Upgrades
We are investigating issues encountered after updating to the latest Blackmagic driver and applying the accompanying firmware updates for some models of capture card. Users should be prepared to completely power off their servers after updating to allow the cards to be re-enumerated on the PCI bus of the system. Waiting for updates on this issue before upgrading is recommended.
uClient support comes to On-Premise servers! The Userful uClient Adapter is now supported with Userful On-Premise servers as a replacement for Zero Clients.
LED wall support
You can now use a Userful On-Premise server to power a multi-controller direct-view LED wall with flawless synchronization.
You can use a Userful On-Premise server combined with uClients to deliver display signage video walls that consume minimal network bandwidth and server utilization.
More capture feeds
Through the magic of software optimizations, we have doubled the amount of Blackmagic Capture sources that a Userful system can process, with no hardware or other configuration changes needed.
- Smooth playback of 1080p sources was capped at roughly 12, now 24 per server
- Smooth playback of 4K sources was capped at 2, now 4 per server
These numbers are very general and can vary depending on server type and use case, and require servers with adequate PCIe capacity. please speak to a Userful Sales Engineer for assistance planning your deployment.
We've added a helpful new tab to On-Premise servers that allow for at-a-glance monitoring of system resources and load, helping you to identify bottlenecks in a server that is not performing properly.
Other On-Premise Improvements
- Added an option to view individual source names in Command & Control
- Added a list of upcoming events to the Events screen
- Mute and volume audio controls in Display and Zone Settings
- Adjusted how UCC and C&C Web Browser sources handle persistent sessions to make them more consistent with each other
- Made documentation available to an offline On-Premise server
- Updated the base OS and applications to CentOS 7.9 (Chrome, Firefox, LibreOffice, etc.)
- Updated Blackmagic driver to 11.7
- Updated Nvidia driver to support the new 3000-series GPUs
General Improvements and Enhancements
- This release adds stability and improvements to our media engine, media player, cloud-based management GUI and on-premise control center GUI. It also enhances the security of Userful Cloud deployments.
Userful Cloud and uClient
- The Display5 CMS for Cloud has been improved.
- We've added a new "Lite" licensing tier for Cloud devices. Cloud servers licensed as "Lite" will only have Signage Player licenses.
- The Userful uClient Adapter now supports pairing with On-Premise servers, touch screens, DPMS sleep/wake, and USB webcams. Much work has been done on stability and synchronization as well.
- Unified browser-accessible Control Center
- Media playback on a variety of displays including LG webOS
- Ability to preset video wall zones
- GPU-Assisted Decoding of video playback and interactive content
- GPU-Assisted Acceleration for 3D rendering – vastly improved performance for dynamic content (HTML5, WebGL, and Flash)
- Intuitive browser-based Layout Manager with the bezel correction ability
- Integrated color calibration for color correcting video wall displays
- Support for Artistic Video Wall layouts that can be configured using a free layout of display position and rotation (including an intuitive browser-based drag and drop GUI for positioning and any degree rotating displays)
- Support for a wide range of interactive video walls including Cloud desktop, Linux desktop, and touch screen Kiosks
- Integrated various Content Management System (CMS) to create and schedule the signage content (Dynamic HTML5 pages, presentations, tickers, widgets (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, and RSS feeds)
- Support for Streaming Protocols (RTP/RTSP) to broadcast security camera or conference feeds, or for delivering content over IP network on the video wall
- Support for a variety of Blackmagic DeckLink capture cards
- Support for a broad range of PC hardware and touch screens
This product includes commercial software that is licensed, not sold and is governed by an End User License Agreement (EULA). By installing, copying or using this software you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Agreement, and agree to be bound by this EULA's terms and conditions. The EULA terms can be viewed online or from the file included in your download.
Userful™ will operate as a trial version until you purchase an appropriate license for your system. You may purchase the license from your Userful representative or from Userful.com – see the Licensing Guide for details.
Limitations of Trial Version: The Userful™ trial software is fully functional, but will display a brief license reminder on all attached displays every 10 minutes or so. Customers who are considering buying the software and are presently evaluating it can do so in the trial mode. Such customers will receive limited technical support lasting up to 30 days after which an appropriate license should be purchased. For more details, check our Licensing Guide.
Userful™ 10.5 main video wall applications are:
All features of Userful™ 10.5 are translated in following languages:
- Arabic (ar)
- English (en)
- Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) †
- French (fr)
- German (de)
- Italian (it)
- Japanese (ja)
- Korean (ko)
- Nepali (ne)
- Persian (fa)
- Romanian (ro)
- Russian (ru)
- Spanish (es)
- Simplified Chinese (zh_CN)
- Traditional Chinese (zh_TW)
- Turkish (tr)
- Thai (th_TH)
- Ukrainian (uk_UA)
|† The language selected must be specifically "Brazilian Portuguese"; if simply "Portuguese" is selected as a system or session language, then all Userful user interface strings will be in English.|