Userful™: Source Switcher
Copyright © 2021 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
Note: This page has been updated in our new Support Portal - try it here!
Source Switcher is available under all license tiers except Basic. It allows users to launch and switch source on displays and video walls using a single-click, this feature can be accessed from any web browser using any device including smartphones and tablets.
This feature is enabled by default under Settings > Remote Control Settings > Source Switcher.
|Please Note: Source Switcher is available under all license tiers except Basic, please contact your Sales Representative or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.|
Configure Source Switcher
- Open Control Center and Click on Mapping > New Source button to create various sources
- Drag and Drop video wall or display icons to the existing source as per requirement
- Launch this web application from any device within the same network by typing the following URL replacing "IP_Address" with the IP Address of the Userful host
- By default Host Display would be selected in the drop-down list as shown in the image to the right
- Select the display ID, video wall zone name, or mirror group from the drop-down
- Once selected, launch the source on the display or video wall by clicking on the source icon (e.g. select Linux Desktop as shown in the image to the right)
- Click Restart or Stop button to restart or stop the source content playing on the associated display or video wall
- Click on Settings button to go back to Userful Control Center
This web application can also be launched by clicking on the link below the Source Switcher under Settings > Remote Control Settings.
Note: Source Switcher can be accessed from any web browser within the same network.
Watch this video for a quick guide on how to use Source Switcher and please note that this video is based on Userful™ 8.8.1 User Experience