Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Autologin automatically starts (and logs-in) a native Linux user session for specified users.
Points to consider before using Autologin source:
- No need to pre-create the users. Autologin will automatically create users as required for the sessions.
- For multiple sessions on multiple displays, use the display variable (%DISPLAY_ID%) to include the display number in the username.
- If a fixed username is used (without a display variable), do not map multiple displays to this source. User settings may become corrupt by doing so. The system will attempt to detect if a session for the same user is started and prevent it but a number of factors may cause this error detection not to work.
- With Autologin (unlike cloud desktop) user settings are saved and retained from one session to the next.
- Note: If a user account (e.g., display_1, display_2, etc.) becomes corrupted, you can login as root user and delete the user e.g. /usr/sbin/userdel display_num. The deleted user will automatically be re-created when the display restarts.
- Adjust the prefix to create usernames that differ more than just by display number or if you are creating multiple Autologin sources. You can use whichever prefix is best suited to your application (e.g., "student", "teacher" etc).
Mapping: Creating the Autologin Source
Mapping allows you to bind a specific display to source. To create the "Autologin" source, do the following:
- Click on Mapping > New Source button. From the drop-down menu select "Autologin" as preferred source type and give it a name.
- Enter "Username" (The username provided can contain a variable to allow different users to be logged on to different displays. The variable will be replaced by the display number).
- Select the Session type from the drop-down.
- Click "OK" to complete the process.
Map Displays to Autologin Source
Once source is created, displays can be "mapped" or assigned by simply dragging-and-dropping the display icons to the Autologin source.
As with any source, you can also add Autologin source to a "Welcome Screen" thus making it one of several choices available to the user.
Note: Changes will not take effect until the "Apply" button is clicked.