Userful™: How to Capture Multiple External Devices
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
Through Userful™ software appliance you can capture content from multiple external devices (e.g. laptops, tablets, smartphones, desktop, etc.) over video wall or stand-alone display(s) using HDMI switches and the supported capture cards.
This document outlines the setup procedure required to capture content from multiple devices.
- Position HDMI source (DVD player, video cameras, TV receiver, PlayStation, Xbox, Apple TV, Chromecast) near the HDMI switch and connect the output port of the HDMI source with the input port of HDMI switch.
- Connect the output port of the HDMI switch with the input port of the capture card installed on the Userful host using HDMI cables.
- Capture card will take the HDMI input signal and send HDMI output signal to the video wall or the stand-alone display(s) as per the configuration. Repeat the above-mentioned steps for connecting multiple external devices.
- Once the setup is complete, login to Control Center and click on Mapping > New Source to create the source. Select the source type as per the installed capture card.
- After the source is created, video wall or display(s) can be "mapped" or assigned by dragging-and-dropping video wall or display icons to the source for content capturing.
Please Note: : HDMI Switches are not always HDCP-complaint but in some cases they allow the playback of HDCP encrypted content on non-complaint devices. Even devices that make this claim are not guaranteed to remove the HDCP protection, as they can vary from production to production.