Control Center: Support
Copyright © 2019 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
This document provides answers to most questions and seeks to resolve issues that may be encountered when using the Userful software. Where your questions are not answered, you should seek further assistance by “Submitting a Report to Support”.
Some useful diagnostic tools:
- System Diagnostics: System Diagnostics provides a summary of problems detected. This tool reports CPU and memory performance on all displays and helps users analyze problems in the event of a system malfunction.
- Online Documentation: Link to the Userful Documentation
- Online Video Tutorials: Link to online video tutorials
This section allows users to perform certain actions to resolve an issue before submitting a ticket. This may include:
- Restart Displays: Restart all the displays including the onboard display as a part of the troubleshooting process.
- Reboot System: Reboot the Userful server as part of the troubleshooting process.
- Reset Userful: Resets any changes that have been made to Userful configuration files and reboots the Userful server. This action will clear all sources, existing video walls, and mapping configuration.
- Userful suggests noting down your existing configuration (i.e. sources present and their corresponding display/video wall mapping) before performing this step.
- Launch Camera: Launches USB web camera if any connected, to monitor your displays and video walls.
- Select the Camera from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Resolution from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Rotation type from the drop-down menu.
- Enable Auto Launch if required to automatically launch Camera Viewer each time Control Center starts.
Camera Viewer window will now show the content playing on your displays as shown in the image to the right.
- For more details please visit Camera Viewer.
- Launch Terminal: Launches terminal (Command-Line) window.
- Please note that this option works as expected only when the terminal is launched from the onboard display.
Report a Bug
If a problem or bug cannot be solved using Userful's documentation, the fastest and best way to receive technical assistance from Userful's support team is to submit a trouble report directly to Userful Customer Support through the Control Center.
To report a problem, click the "Submit Trouble Report to Support" link near the bottom of the "Support" page. A new page will open with a simple form to be filled out. When completed and submitted, the information provided will be e-mailed -- along with a selection of debugging information pulled from the computer system logs and files -- to the Userful support.
- Be sure to include a contact name and e-mail so that the Userful support can respond to your bug report.
- Briefly describe what action you were performing when the problem occurred.
- Give us a complete description of the problem. To get help quickly, it is important to be as specific as possible when describing your problem.
- When finished, click on the "Submit Report" button.
Remote VPN Connection
Users can temporarily establish a remote tunnel connection to a Userful server. Userful support staff can then remotely access the server without the need for port forwarding or firewall tunneling on either end. To establish a connection:
- Click on "Remote VPN Connection" link
- Click "Start VPN" button to get the IP Address
- Provide printed IP Address to Userful support personnel for remote access.
|Please Note: Remote VPN Connection functionality is not vulnerable to Heartbleed bug.|