Station Mapping: Video Capture
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
Video Capture session container casts output from any playback device (e.g. PC, Mac, Smart phone, tablet, gaming console, web cams, etc.) to a display or multiple displays in a video wall setup.
Please consider following points before using this session container:
- Supported Capture Card must be installed on the Userful host.
- Directly connected HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) encrypted content will not play unless it is first run through an HDCP capable splitter.
Station Mapping: Creating Video Capture Session Container
Station Mapping allows you to bind a specific display or a video wall to the "Video Capture" session container. To create this session container:
- Click on Station Mapping > New Session Container. From the drop-down menu select "Video Capture" as the session type and give it a name
- Select the primary Input Device from the drop-down menu
- Select the Backup Device from the drop-down menu (if the primary input device fails, the session container will capture from backup device)
- Select the "Scaling" option (default: Zoom full-screen)
- Enable audio only if it is required
- Enter the number of pixels to be cropped from left, right, top and bottom of the captured external device
- Click "OK" to complete the process
Map Displays to Video Capture Session Container
Once the session container is created, displays and video wall can be "mapped" or assigned by simply dragging-and-dropping the display or video wall icons to the Video Capture session container.
Note: Changes will not take effect until the "Apply" is clicked.
The device output will play content on the display(s) and video wall mapped to this session container.