Station Mapping: Network Streamer
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
Network Streamer allows you to play video feeds; like security camera feed and other video files over a network.
Station Mapping: Creating a Network Streamer Session Container
Station Mapping allows you to bind a specific display(s) to Network Streamer. To create this session container:
- Click on Station Mapping > New Session Container. From the drop-down menu select "Network Streamer" as preferred session container type and give it a name.
- Select protocol from the drop-down list (i.e. rtsp or http)
- Provide the media URL you want to stream ( e.g. use only
server_name/file_pathinstead of the complete URL
- Set the Buffer rate
- Provide user credentials that have access to the file
- Select the Scaling option (default: Zoom full-screen)
- Change Audio settings as per the requirement
- Click "OK" to complete the process.
Note: To get the correct URL of your stream, please consult the vendor's manual.
Map Displays to Network Streamer
Once session container is created, displays or video wall can be "mapped" or assigned by simply dragging-and-dropping the display or video wall icons to the Network Streamer session container.
To change the existing session container configuration (for example, to change protocol or stream content), click on the session name to open the "Edit Session Container" window and make the changes.
Note: Changes will not take effect until the "Apply" button is clicked.