Mapping: Cloud Desktop
Copyright © 2019 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
Selecting the Cloud Desktop source allows the user to launch a lightweight Linux environment with limited access to applications and privileges. User data is not saved between sessions. User accounts are created and erased on login and logout, respectively.
Mapping: Creating a Cloud Desktop Source
Mapping allows you to assign displays as Cloud Desktops. To create "Cloud Desktop" source:
- Click on Mapping > New Source button. From the drop-down menu select "Cloud Desktop" as preferred source type and give it a name.
- Click the "Add App" or "Add URL" button to add applications or URLs to the desktop. Repeat this step to add multiple applications.
- Select the Desktop Background from the drop-down
- Click "OK" to complete the process
Please Note: Before deploying Cloud Desktop sessions in a public computing environment, it is strongly recommended that the Shared Files functionality be disabled.
Map Displays to Cloud Desktop Source
Once Cloud Desktop source is created, displays can be "mapped" or assigned by simply dragging-and-dropping the display icons to this source.
To change configuration (e.g., to change the default URL) click on the source name to open the "Edit Source" window and make the changes.
Note: Changes will not take effect until the "Apply" button is clicked.
Tips for Cloud Desktop
- To make available additional applications for the Cloud Desktop launcher, see Additional Software. Note that a reboot is required before the applications will be available.
- For additional applications to add to the menu, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
- In order to use Cloud Desktop effectively in public computing environments, Session Management should be applied.