Userful: Station Mapping
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
Userful's Control Center lets adminstrators "map" stations and video walls via an intuitive drag-and-drop interface to "roles" or "content sources" (session containers). This document provides a brief overview of Userful's Station Mapping functionality. For more details on a given session container type, please refer to the specific session container guide (see below).
In the example shown to the right:
- Stations 1, 14, 15, 16 (the onboard station) are mapped to the default "Welcome Screen"
- Stations 2-5 are configured as a video wall setup playing 1080p media content
- Stations 6-9 are mapped to Web Browser session container
- Stations 10-13 are configured as a video wall setup playing Signage content
Access this functionality by opening the Control Center > Station Mapping.
Configuring Session Containers
By default, all stations including the Userful host are mapped to session container group (i.e. "Welcome Screen"). User can launch any session container from the available list by simply clicking the session container name.
"Welcome Screen" displays list of available sessions and system / zero-client device information, including Station ID, MAC Address and IP Address. However, to create a new session container:
- Click on New Session Container button
- Give a name, and then use the drop-down menu to select amongst the various session container types available (click the link for the specific session container guide):
Drag & Drop Stations
Once created, stations can be "mapped" or assigned by dragging-and-dropping the station icons to the desired session container. All mapped stations will have yellow background, until changes are applied.
In other words, changes will not take effect until the "Apply" button is clicked.
Mirror Group feature allows users to run same content on multiple displays. Following are the key advantages:
- Optimal CPU utilization (processing content only once when outputting identical content to multiple displays including a video wall)
- Perfect content synchronization
- Reduced complexity (managing a single station per group)
To create "Mirror Group":
- Click icon available on the right side of the "Welcome Screen" to open "Mirror Group Configuration" window
- Click "On" and select "Control Station" from the drop-down (control station is the station designated for mirroring i.e. all the stations in the group, render the same content as per the control station)
- Click "OK" to complete the process
Once created, all the stations and video walls mapped to the session container will play content in perfect synchronization.
Changes will not take effect until the "Apply" button is clicked.
Please Note: You can not create mirror group for the default "Welcome Screen" and the default scaling options for all session containers (except Network Streamer and Signage Player) in a mirror group is "Zoom full-screen".
Save as Preset feature allows users to create, label and save a variety of preset settings (mappings for all the screens) and then launch those settings to quickly change the content playing on the displays and the video walls, using a single click.
Save as Preset
- Go to Control Center > Station Mapping.
- Click on the drop-down option "Save as Preset" available next to the Apply button, to open the Save Preset dialog window as shown in the image to the right.
- Enter the Preset Name to save the current station mapping of all the screens and click "OK" to complete the process.
- Click on the link # Saved that appears next to the Station Mapping heading(# represents the number of saved presets), to open the Saved Presets dialog window as shown in the image to the right.
- Click on the Preset Name or play button to load the settings on all the displays and video walls, or click on the cross button to delete the selected saved preset.
Control Center > Station Mapping provides an easy access to station-level settings. This feature allows user to change Station ID, display resolution and view information including connected devices, location and IP Address.
To access Station Settings, single-click an assigned station; "Edit Station" dialog will open (as shown in the image to the right), edit settings and click "OK".
Besides different roles, Station Mapping page also provides status of each and every station, as described below: