Userful™: Interactive Viewer
Copyright © 2019 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
Userful's "Ultimate" license allows users to remotely interact with standalone displays or video walls playing Interactive sources (e.g., Web Browser, Linux Desktop, Cloud Desktop etc.), via keyboard and mouse of a different computer such as Userful host, connected display or any device in the same local area network.
Interactive Viewer is listed under Settings > Remote Control Settings.
Note: This feature is also available under Advanced Subscription, please contact your Sales Representative or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Interactive Viewer Availability
The table below shows the availability of Intercative Viewer with different product versions.
|Product Version||License Tier||Subscription Level|
|Userful 8.8.1 and below||Feature not available|
|Userful 9.0 and above||Free Preview|
|Userful 9.6.x||Not available||Advanced|
|Userful 9.7 and above||Ultimate||Advanced|
Configure Interactive Viewer
- Open Control Center and Click on Mapping > New Source button to create various sources
- Drag and Drop video wall or display icons to the existing source as per requirement
- Click on video wall or display icon to open the Video Wall Zone Settings or Display Settings dialog window respectively
- Click on the display icon inside the associated dialog window to start remote interaction with video wall or display. This will open a separate tab in the browser as shown in the image to the right, so that user can access or make changes to the session
- Select among various scaling options at the top of the screen and Enable/Disable keyboard and mouse interaction depending on the usage scenario
- Close the tab to stop remote interaction with the connected video wall or display
Interactive Viewer works only for interactive sources like Linux Desktop, Web Browsers, Cloud Desktop etc.
This feature can also be accessed by clicking on the display icon while configuring mirror group for interactive source.
Control Center may show a warning message while launching Interactive Viewer in Python web browser.
Please Note: Interactive Viewer is supported in most popular web browsers except Internet Explorer.
Watch this video for a quick guide on how to use Interactive Viewer and please note that this video is based on Userful™ 8.8.1 User Experience