Userful™: How to Capture Multiple Sources
Through Userful™ software appliance you can capture content from multiple devices (e.g. laptops, tablets, smartphones, desktop, etc.) over video wall or stand-alone display(s) using HDMI switches and the supported capture cards.
This document outlines the setup procedure required to capture content from multiple devices.
- Position HDMI source near to the HDMI switch and connect the output port of the HDMI source with the input port of HDMI switch.
- Connect the output port of the HDMI switch with the input port of the capture card installed on the Userful host using HDMI cables.
- Capture card will take the HDMI input signal and send HDMI output signal to the video wall or the stand-alone display(s) as per the configuration. Repeat the above-mentioned steps for connecting multiple external devices.
- Once the setup is complete, login to Control Center and click on Station Mapping > New Session Container to create the session container. Select the session container type as per the installed capture card.
- After the session container is created, video wall or station(s) can be "mapped" or assigned by dragging-and-dropping video wall icons or station(s) to the session container for content capturing.