User Help : Using A CD-ROM Drive
Copyright © 2008-2013 . All rights reserved.
This document describes the steps for accessing CD or DVD with different versions of Userful Desktop™.
Userful Desktop 8.x(Series)
To use a CD or DVD, follow the following steps:
- Insert the CD/DVD into the optical drive. The Userful System Tray icon will briefly change to a symbol; when it returns to normal the DVD will be available in the System Tray drop-down list.
- Click the System Tray icon,highlight the device and select "Open".
It is not necesary to "Close" an optical drive from the System Tray prior to removing it from the system, although it is good practice to wait for the disk to spin down before ejecting it.
To access CDs or DVDs within Userful Desktop™(prior UD 8.0)
- Click on the "Computer" icon on your desktop.
You should see the icon for the drive in the "Computer" window.
- Right-click the icon and select "Mount Volume"
- Click the icon to open the drive.