Userful MultiSeat™: Features
Copyright © 2012 . All rights reserved.
Userful MultiSeat™ is software that extends Linux to support several fully independent and concurrent workstations using a single computer box. This is accomplished by adding video devices (either video cards, USB multiseat devices or USB-over-LAN multiseat devices), keyboards and mice to a single PC system and installing Userful's software.
This software is available as:
- Userful MultiSeat: A stand-alone software package compatible with Ubuntu/Edubuntu.
- Userful MultiSeat Linux : Bundled with Edubuntu and other open-source software, with a focus on software for the educational sector.
Userful MultiSeat™ v4.0 provides:
- A standard Linux software package that extends the Linux operating system to support several independent and concurrent workstations (depending on hardware) using a single PC.
- MultiSeat with USB: Works with USB multiseat devices using either DisplayLink or MCT USB multiseat chipsets.
- Although thorough testing for this release has been limited to a few specific devices, other devices are known to work. We are also constantly testing more devices for compatibility.
Userful MultiSeat™ v4.1 expands on the Userful MultiSeat experience, providing all the features of version 4.0 plus:
- MultiSeat with Video Cards: Add extra stations with tested and supported video cards.
- An improved user experience and better handling of storage devices.
- Enhanced system stability.
Userful MultiSeat™ v5.0 provides:
- MultiSeat with USB-over-LAN Devices: Support for USB-over-LAN stations, USB or video card multiseat configurations.
- Automatic device assignment to make system setup quicker and easier.
- User-interface improvements to support new functionality.
For more information, view the complete documentation available for Userful MultiSeat.