Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
THIS PAGE IS OBSOLETE
See documentation for the latest products: http://support.userful.com.
To return to the Userful Multiplatform main documentation page, Click Here.
Userful Multiplatform™ is a complete operating system, based on CentOS (see http://www.centos.org for details) that include software that extends Linux to support several fully independent and concurrent workstations using a single computer box. This is accomplished by adding video devices (either network zero client devices, USB zero client devices, video card zero clients or, keyboards and mice to a single host PC and installing Userful Multiplatform™.
Userful MultiPlatform™ provides:
- A stable, versatile base operating sytem (CentOS).
- Full multimedia support
- Multiseat capability based on video cards, USB zero client devices or network zero client devices.
- Improved system and station management user interfaces.
- Enhanced system stability.
- Install DVD (64bit OS), Browser, office suite, productivity tools, and one-click easy install of thousands of free software applications for a range of business, educational and other uses.
- Local Desktops: Win7, Win8, Linux, Cloud (Chrome browser desktop)
- Session Launcher
- Media playback
- A unified browser-accessible control center is provided that provides full administration capabilities including:
- Station Mapping
- Assign / release network stations
- Enable / Disable / rename stations
- Set monitor resolution and color depth (individual & system wide)
- Display Power Management Signalling (DPMS)
- Integrated help & support
- Remote access
- System Updates
- Shared Storage Management
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure support, with simple and intuitive management of virtual machines (including VM import)
- Change keyboard layout
- System Diagnostics utility for troubleshooting
This product includes commercial software that is licensed, not sold, and is governed by an End User License Agreement (EULA). By installing, copying or using this software you acknowledge that you have read and understand this Agreement, and agree to be bound by this EULA's terms and conditions. You can review the terms of this EULA either by visiting the online copy of the EULA or by consulting the Userful-EULA.txt file included with your download.
Userful Multiplatform™ will operate as a trial version until you purchase an appropriate license for your system. You may purchase a multi-station license from your Userful representative or from Userful.com – see the Licensing Guide for details.
Limitations of Trial Version: The Userful Multiplatform trial software supports is fully functional, but will display a brief license reminder on all attached screens every 10 minutes or so.
All features of Userful Multiplatform™ are available in English(en). Some features are translated in:
- French (fr)
- Italian (it)
- German (de)
- Spanish (es)
- Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) †
- Russian (ru)
- Turkish (tr)
- Japanese (ja) ‡
- Traditional Chinese (zh_TW) ‡
- Simplified Chinese (zh_CN) ‡
- Korean (ko) ‡
- Vietnamese (vi)
- Romanian (ro)
|† The language selected must be specifically "Brazilian Portuguese"; if simply "Portuguese" is selected as a system or session language, then all Userful user interface strings will be in English.|
For more information about the latest release, visit Release Notes.