FAQs/Troubleshooting/Devices/Hardware Setup/Monitor USB Hubs
Copyright © 2005-2010 . All rights reserved.
Q: How should I use the USB ports on my monitor?
A: Use them as a powered USB hub.
Some monitors, such as the Dell 1707FP/FPV, have built-in powered USB hubs. These can be used just like ordinary powered USB hubs.
Connecting Your Monitor's USB Hub
- Connect a USB cable to port 5 on the back of the monitor.
- Use an extension cable if neccessary, although it is not a good idea to use one longer than about 2 m (6 ft.).
- Plug your keyboard into the USB port 6 on the back of the monitor.
- Plug your mouse into a USB port on your keyboard.
- Repeat the above steps for each station.