From Userful Support
Copyright © 2008-2010 . All rights reserved.
Q: How do I use Pre-Paid Cards?
- Also answered by this FAQ:
- What if something goes wrong?
A: Find the answer for your specific question below.
Q: How do I use my Pre-Paid Card?
- A: Follow these steps:
- On the back of the card, scratch off the grey area next to "Access Code/Username/Barcode".
- At a Userful Desktop computer, select the session type you wish to use.
- When you are asked for your username or barcode, type in the Pre-Paid Card code. (Different organizations will use different terms for this field. It may be called "Access Code", "Username", "Barcode", or something similar.) Press
Enteror click on
- Some session types will also ask you for a password or PIN. Type in the "Password/PIN" on the back of your Pre-Paid Card. Press
Enteror click on
- If the correct information has been entered, the session should begin. As you use the computer, watch the countdown timer next to the time-of-day clock at the bottom right of the screen. This countdown timer tells you how much time is left and the remaining balance on your card.
Q: How can I tell how much money I have left on my Pre-Paid Card?
- A: To view your account usage statistics visit http://manage.userful.com/prepaid and enter your Access Code (initially masked by the gray scratch off cover) to check your remaining value and view your account history.
Q: I can't log in. What should I do?
- A: A error mesage should give you a good indication as to the cause of the failure. On possible reason may be that there is insufficient balance remaining on your card. If the error message is "Unable to contact authentication server" wait a few minutes then try again. If you still cannot log in please inform the staff.
Q: I have a question or concern relating to the remaining balance on my card. What should I do?
- A: First visit http://np.userful.com/prepaid and enter your Access Code. This will allow you to view a complete log of your entire transaction history with this card. If you still have questions after this please send an email with full details including your Access Code to email@example.com. For security reasons we will be unable to respond to inquiries that do not include the unique access code.
Q: Does my balance expire?
- A: Yes. You will have 1 year from the date of first use.
Q: How much time will a $10 card get me?
- A: The rate is set by the administrator of the Userful Desktop you are using.
Q: Can I use this card for access on Userful Desktops in a different city?
- A: The card is only valid on Userful Desktops at the locations run by the organization you purchased the card from.
Q: What if I have questions about how to use the computer?
- A: Visit the "User help" section of the Manuals page which includes documentation on various aspects of using Userful Desktop. Depending on the location, you may also be able to ask staff for assistance with your question.