Userful™: Support and Maintenance Renewal FAQs
Copyright © 2019 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
- 1 Introduction
- 1.1 Support and Maintenance Renewal
- 1.1.1 Q: What is software support and maintenance?
- 1.1.2 Q: What is meant by support expiration?
- 1.1.3 Q: How can I renew my support and maintenance agreement?
- 1.1.4 Q: When will I receive a notification that my support and maintenance service will be expiring?
- 1.1.5 Q: Why is it important to renew before my maintenance expires?
- 1.1.6 Q: What are the support and maintenance tenures available?
- 1.1.7 Q: Do I need to sign an agreement for renewal?
- 1.1.8 Q: How often are upgrades available?
- 1.1.9 Q: What are Userful’s support service business hours?
- 1.1.10 Q: What is the support targeted response time?
- 1.1.11 Q: What happens if my Support and maintenance lapses?
- 1.1.12 Q: What are the advantages of buying multiple years of support and maintenance in advance?
- 1.1 Support and Maintenance Renewal
- 2 Related Links
The goal of these FAQs is to help you understand the terms and policies of Userful™ Software Appliance Support and Maintenance services.
Support and Maintenance Renewal
Q: What is software support and maintenance?
Userful Software support and maintenance includes access to the technical support team during Userful’s regular support hours (currently 9:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. ET) and free access to any new software updates, patches and feature releases as they become available for the license tier that you have purchased during the active term of your maintenance agreement.
Q: What is meant by support expiration?
Userful customers purchase 3-5 years of software support and maintenance with their license. Once this initial maintenance period comes to an end (typically on the anniversary of your original software license purchase), support and maintenance services will no longer be available to you until you renew them.
Q: How can I renew my support and maintenance agreement?
You can renew your support and maintenance agreement by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing your Company name and System ID.
System ID can be located under Control Center > Settings > Manage Licensing.
Q: When will I receive a notification that my support and maintenance service will be expiring?
We send our renewal notices 60 and 30 days prior to the expiration of support and maintenance service, to ensure that appropriate time is given to validate the use of licenses.
Q: Why is it important to renew before my maintenance expires?
A renewal prior to expiration ensures continuous uninterrupted support and maintenance service.
Q: What are the support and maintenance tenures available?
Support and Maintenance tenures available are for:
- Three years renewal
- Five years renewal
Note: Please contact your Userful account manager about other available options.
Q: Do I need to sign an agreement for renewal?
No, you do not need to sign an agreement as your paid invoice will suffice.
Q: How often are upgrades available?
Userful typically has one major release per year. Updates are available on a fairly regular basis, generally once every 2-3 months.
To update to the latest version:
- Login to your Control Center
- Go to Settings > Check for System Updates
- Install updates (if any available)
Note: An active Internet connection and a valid Support and Maintenance contract is required to access the software updates.
Q: What are Userful’s support service business hours?
Userful's support is available during Userful office hours Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. ET.
Q: What is the support targeted response time?
Typically the support ticket issued is resolved within 1-2 business days.
Q: What happens if my Support and maintenance lapses?
If your support and maintenance has lapsed and you would like to renew then you need back pay any months/years you have missed as well as renew for the current year before you can resume regular service again.
Q: What are the advantages of buying multiple years of support and maintenance in advance?
Support and maintenance prices may occasionally increase so in addition to saving time and administrative overhead, it can also save your money thus ensuring continuous uninterrupted services.