Mapping: Video Capture
Copyright © 2019 . All rights reserved.
To return to the main documentation page, Click Here.
Video Capture source casts output from any playback device (e.g. PC, Mac, Smart phone, tablet, gaming console, web cams, etc.) to a display or multiple displays in a video wall setup.
Please consider following points before using this source:
- Supported Capture Card must be installed on the Userful host.
- Directly connected HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) encrypted content will not play unless it is first run through an HDCP capable splitter.
Mapping: Creating Video Capture Source
Mapping allows you to bind a specific display or a video wall to the "Video Capture" source. To create this source:
- Click on Mapping > New Source button. From the drop-down menu select "Video Capture" as the source type and give it a name.
- Select the primary Input Device from the drop-down menu.
- Select the "Scaling" option (default: Zoom full-screen).
- Enable audio only if it is required.
- Enter the number of pixels to be cropped from left, right, top and bottom of the captured external device.
- Click "OK" to complete the process.
Map Displays to Video Capture Source
Once the source is created, displays and video wall can be "mapped" or assigned by simply dragging-and-dropping the display or video wall icons to the Video Capture source.
The device output will play content on the display(s) and video wall mapped to this source.
Changes will not take effect until the "Apply" button is clicked.
Please Note: Presently, YUAN capture cards are not fully supported with Userful™ software appliance. If you are planning to install YUAN capture cards for your capture needs, please contact your sales representative or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.